Resolution of border dispute good for better ties: China
Beijing: A day after rejecting any incursion by its troops in India`s Ladakh region, China on Tuesday said both countries should work together to resolve the boundary dispute to "create good conditions for the sound development of bilateral relations".
Asked about the flag meeting being held by Indian and Chinese armies to discuss the stand-off over People`s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers` move to erect tents 10 km into Indian territory in Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told media here that she has nothing to add on this.
"Yesterday I already expounded on this issue. I have nothing new to add today", she said.
But, at the same time, she said "I want reiterate that China and India relations have been developing on good momentum and the two sides have kept sound interaction and cooperation on the border issue".
"The two parties should work together to properly solve the issue left over from history though peaceful negotiations so as to create good conditions for the sound development of bilateral relations", she said.
Asked about External Affairs Ministry summoning Chinese Ambassador to New Delhi Wei Wei to stress on the need for resolving the issue, she said she is not aware of the development.
Hua had said yesterday that Chinese soldiers have not trespassed the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
"China`s frontier troops have been abiding by the agreement between the two countries and abiding by the LAC agreed by the two countries", she had said.
"Our frontier troops have been patrolling on the China`s side of LAC", Hua had said, adding, "Our troops are patrolling on the Chinese side of the LAC and have never trespassed the line".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February