Resolution vows no forces in Syria
London: A draft United Nations resolution on
Syria calls for President Bashar Assad to hand power to his
deputy and insists there will be no use of foreign forces in
The draft text calls on
Assad`s regime to immediately put "an end to all human rights
violations and attacks against those exercising their rights
to freedom of expression."
It calls on Assad to delegate his "full authority to his
deputy" to allow a national unity government to lead
transition to a democratic system.
The text, the drafting of which has been led by Morocco,
insists it does not compel "states to resort to the use of
force, or the threat of force."
Russia has accused Western and Arab nations of putting
Syria on the "path to civil war."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2