Respect our interests in Asia-Pacific: China to US
Beijing: The Chinese government hopes the US will respect its interests and concerns along with other nations in the Asia-Pacific region.
According to China Daily, Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi expressed these views on Thursday when he met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Cambodia.
The region is where the interests of China and the US are the most intertwined and where the two countries most frequently interact, Yang said.
The minister also said that China and the US should set up a pattern of interaction in the Asia-Pacific that features win-win cooperation.
The Chinese leader and Hillary met on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Foreign Ministers` Meeting in Cambodia`s capital city Phnom Penh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet