Respect women or get out: Aus Army Chief warns troops
Washington: The head of Australian army has asked his troops to treat female comrades properly or `get out`.
The blunt message from Lt. General David Morrison came as the Australian army is faced with a sex scandal in his ranks.
According to CNN, Morrison announced last week that three soldiers had been suspended, and he was weighing action against five others implicated in the distribution of videos he called `demeaning, explicit and profane.
Morrison told soldiers that female troops are vital within the ranks, adding that he would be ruthless in ridding the army of people who cannot live up to its values.
Australian news outlets reported last week that at least 17 soldiers circulated video of themselves having sex with women.
The videos were shared without the women`s knowledge, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!