Respect women or get out: Aus Army Chief warns troops
Washington: The head of Australian army has asked his troops to treat female comrades properly or `get out`.
The blunt message from Lt. General David Morrison came as the Australian army is faced with a sex scandal in his ranks.
According to CNN, Morrison announced last week that three soldiers had been suspended, and he was weighing action against five others implicated in the distribution of videos he called `demeaning, explicit and profane.
Morrison told soldiers that female troops are vital within the ranks, adding that he would be ruthless in ridding the army of people who cannot live up to its values.
Australian news outlets reported last week that at least 17 soldiers circulated video of themselves having sex with women.
The videos were shared without the women`s knowledge, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'