Review ordered in death that sparked Egypt revolt
Alexandria: An Egyptian court has ordered an independent review of disputed forensic evidence used in the defence of two policemen accused of beating a young businessman whose death helped trigger Egypt`s uprising.
The state forensic report concluded that Khaled Said died as a result of swallowing a packet of drugs. The finding has been widely ridiculed because photos of his battered body showed his face bloodied and his jaw shattered.
Said`s death last year in Alexandria captured the attention of millions in Egypt and helped spark the 18-day uprising that ousted Hosni Mubarak in February.
Thursday`s order is being welcomed by Said`s family and raises the possibility that the more serious charge of manslaughter could be added to the indictment against the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh