`Rich Arabs, Israelis were main buyers of organs`
Belgrade: Organs extracted from civilians kidnapped in Kosovo-Metohija were delivered to Germany, Scandinavia, the US, Israel, Great Britain and other rich countries, the Belgrade-based daily Politika reports.
Documents of the Prosecutor`s Office, marked 33-08 and listed under the working title `Human organ trafficking`, note that doctors from Israel, Brazil and the Philippines were involved in the international criminal ring that dealt in organ trafficking. The daily refers to the doctors as `the doctors who scavenge the Balkans in search of human organs.`
The data of the Serbian War Crimes Prosecutor`s Office quotes the report on international human organ trafficking, drawn up by Bellagio Task Force, a group of experts from the University of Columbia in New York, which includes data showing that rich Arabs and Israelis were the main buyers of human organs coming for South-East Europe.
According to the daily, the Prosecutor`s Office also refers to a research published by the American Chronicle, which states that in 2001 alone, the University Clinic in Jerusalem had as many as 60 patients recovering from a transplantation of a kidney extracted from an unknown donor.
The research also notes that this is the reason why many Israelis travel to Eastern Europe in the company of Israeli doctors.
To back such claims, the Prosecutor`s Office has data that show that on November 15, 2008, the Pristina police arrested Israeli Moshe Harel, charged with negotiating and organising illegal organ transplants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31