Rich nations to offer $20 bn for Arab Spring
Deauville: European officials say the Group of Eight rich nations will offer about USD 20 billion in pledges and commitments for Arab countries that have thrown out autocrats and are struggling to build new democracies.
US President Barack Obama and other G8 leaders are debating how and how much to aid Egypt and Tunisia after uprisings there.
The leaders of Egypt and Tunisia are meeting with G8 leaders and EU leaders on Friday in this Normandy resort.
European officials say the global figure for pledges of aid will be about USD 20 billion. It is unclear what the money would be used for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city