Rich nations to offer $20 bn for Arab Spring
Deauville: European officials say the Group of Eight rich nations will offer about USD 20 billion in pledges and commitments for Arab countries that have thrown out autocrats and are struggling to build new democracies.
US President Barack Obama and other G8 leaders are debating how and how much to aid Egypt and Tunisia after uprisings there.
The leaders of Egypt and Tunisia are meeting with G8 leaders and EU leaders on Friday in this Normandy resort.
European officials say the global figure for pledges of aid will be about USD 20 billion. It is unclear what the money would be used for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you