`Ridiculous` number of debates led to 2012 loss: GOP chairman
Washington: Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus has said the GOP has an image problem, which led to its loss in the 2012 presidential bid.
The Republican Party lost the presidential election against a weak incumbent with a bad economy, and lost seats in both the House and the Senate, only two years after its historic gains in the 2010 midterms.
According to CBS News, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, previewing a report that revealed what went wrong and how to fix it for the next time on `Face the Nation, which will released on Monday by the Republican National Committee, said that this is unprecedented, and it`s something that the party had to do.
He told host Bob Schieffer that `huge` efforts were required and that included significant changes to the most high profile Republican event of the campaign.
He said that the party has done a really `lousy job of branding and marketing who the party is, adding that most have an image of the GOP as a room full of `stuffy old guys`, but the "reality is that the it is a very young party.
He said an earlier convention will help the eventual nominee go in stronger and come out with more time to try to win the general election.
Priebus will unveil the RNC`s post-2012 election review, called the `Growth and Opportunity Project`, to help the RNC get its job done.
In it, the party pledges to communicate the Republican message better, through a multi-million dollar outreach programme.
The RNC will hire hundreds of new outreach employees, including political directors for growing minority voting blocs: African Americans, Asian-Americans and Hispanics. This effort will include marketing campaigns on college campuses, including historically black colleges and universities.
According to the report, the party will also try to close the technology gap that became apparent after the November election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'