`Ridiculous to say China a threat`
Beijing: Terming the China threat theory "ridiculous", a state-run daily said on Friday that the country had "shown its determination to break the old pattern that a major power was bound to seek hegemony".
A day after the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China began here, an article in People`s Daily said that by putting forward and promoting the idea of building a harmonious world, China had also shown its "its sincerity, belief, and ability in handling international affairs".
"Such ridiculous theories as the `China threat` theory, `China responsibility` theory, and `China collapse` theory have emerged one by one along with China`s rise, which reflects the fierce international competition and the Asian country`s growing influence," it added.
It pointed out that China has never invaded other countries, and has presented an image as a major power open to the world.
The article stressed that China is undisputedly an important force in promoting multi-polarisation.
"The country will make greater contributions to human civilization as long as it shows no fear of outside interference, adheres to its own development path, and do its own things well.”
"This is China`s solemn commitment to the world," it pledged.
The article went on to say that 10 years ago, it was time-consuming to apply for a passport due to the cumbersome procedure.
"While today, applying for an electric passport with self-service clearance function only takes less than five days. In 2011, China`s outbound tourists flow exceeded 70 million, surpassing the United States in scale," it said.
This is "a testimony to the continuous growth of a large developing country and its international influence", the daily added.
"Facing the ever-changing international situation, China has always been holding the banner of peace, development and cooperation on its road of development and has become an important participant, builder and contributor of the international system."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'