Rights group faults Israel`s Gaza war crimes probe
Ramallah: An international human rights group says Israel failed to show it is conducting an impartial investigation into Gaza war crimes allegations.
UN investigators have said both Israel and Hamas violated the rules of war in Gaza fighting last winter.
Both denied the charges, but were told by the UN General Assembly to conduct credible investigations or face possible Security Council action.
Israel and Hamas submitted reports to the UN chief who said he could not determine whether the investigations were credible.
The New York-based Human Rights Watch said on Sunday that Israel has failed to show it is conducting an impartial probe. It says it is still reviewing the Hamas reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'