`Ringing phones` shatter silence on Malaysia Airlines mystery
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Kuala Lumpur: The mystery over what might have happened to the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 took an eerie turn when reports surfaced saying that the cellphones of the passengers on the missing plane were ringing, but went unanswered.
Chinese media went into tizzy after the reports that the concerned families of the missing passengers managed to connect the calls successfully, but no one picked the call.
In an astonishing live video on state television, a relative was shown dialing up the number of one of the passengers on the flight, and the phone was heard ringing, reported the Mirror.
Meanwhile, the Malaysian military radar has managed to track the missing jet to the Strait of Malacca, a narrow stretch of water running along the Western coast of Malaysia, reported the Reuters.
However, the investigators are still clueless on what went wrong with the Boeing 777 jet even as Malaysia Airlines issued a statement saying that the plane had undergone maintenance checks just 12 days before Saturday and nothing was wrong with the health of the aircraft.
Earlier today, the search for the jet had been widened beyond the flight path to focus on the Western coasts and the Straits of Malacca, the Malaysian Airlines had stated.
But on being asked the reason behind widening the scope of search, Malaysian civil aviation chief, Azharuddin Abdul Rahman refused to answer saying, "There are some things that I can tell you and some things that I can`t."
The Beijing-bound Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 with 239 people on-board disappeared on Saturday between Malaysia and Vietnam after it lost contact with the ground controllers at 1:30 am on that fateful day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in