Riyadh mulling closure of Syria embassy: Report
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia may be forced to shut
its embassy in Damascus due to the ruling regime`s unrelenting
and violent repression of protesters, Al-Watan daily reported
"After reducing its diplomatic staff to a bare minimum,
the kingdom is leaning towards closing its embassy in Syria
because of the continued violence practiced by the regime
against its citizens," the report said, citing an "informed
Riyadh is "anxious to protect its citizens and diplomatic
mission of any risk because Syria has become a danger zone
where dozens are killed every day," the report continued.
Saudi Arabia, which has great clout in the Arab world,
broke with its tradition of diplomatic discretion to
publically condemn the violence practiced by its former ally
Saudi Arabia on August 8 recalled its ambassador to
Damascus and last month urged its citizens to leave the
country where ruling regime`s repression has claimed more
than 5,000 civilian lives, according to UN estimates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray