Roadside bomb in Mogadishu kills six
Mogadishu: A roadside bomb explosion in
Mogadishu on Wednesday killed at least six people, five of them
Somali government soldiers, officials and witnesses said.
The bomb, planted under a pile of garbage in southern
Mogadishu`s Afasiyoni neighbourhood, went off as the security
forces were passing by the area.
"The explosion went off near Afasiyoni and killed five
of the Somali security forces, some of them burned into
pieces," Mohamed Guled Yasin, a Somali security officer told.
"The security forces are investigating the incident,"
Witnesses said a woman passing by the area also died in
"I saw the dead bodies of a woman and several Somali
government soldiers killed in the explosion near my house, the
explosion was very big and there was smoke and shrapnel
everywhere, Ali Hasan," a witness said.
"Government forces sealed off the street after the
explosion and they were firing shots in the sky to disperse
crowds who gathered to look at the scene," Halimo Yusuf,
another witness said.
She said she also saw two civilians who were injured
in the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience