Roadside bomb in Mogadishu kills six
Mogadishu: A roadside bomb explosion in
Mogadishu on Tuesday killed at least six people, five of them
Somali government soldiers, officials and witnesses said.
The bomb, planted under a pile of garbage in southern
Mogadishu`s Afasiyoni neighbourhood, went off as the security
forces were passing by the area.
"The explosion went off near Afasiyoni and killed five
of the Somali security forces, some of them burned into
pieces," Mohamed Guled Yasin, a Somali security officer told
"The security forces are investigating the incident,"
Witnesses said a woman passing by the area also died in
"I saw the dead bodies of a woman and several Somali
government soldiers killed in the explosion near my house, the
explosion was very big and there was smoke and shrapnel
everywhere, Ali Hasan," a witness said.
"Government forces sealed off the street after the
explosion and they were firing shots in the sky to disperse
crowds who gathered to look at the scene," Halimo Yusuf,
another witness said.
She said she also saw two civilians who were injured
in the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video