Roadside bomb kills 3 Afghan policemen
Kabul: An Afghan official says a roadside bomb has stuck a police car in eastern Laghman province, killing three officers.
Sarhadi Zwak, the provincial governor`s spokesman, says the attack took place this morning in Badpakh district. He says four policemen were also wounded in the explosion.
No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing but roadside bombs targeting Afghan troops and security forces are a common insurgent tactic of the Taliban.
Also, Afghan civilians increasingly find themselves under fire as the US-led military coalition prepares to pull out of the country by the end of the year and Afghan forces take the lead in operations against the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale
- Istanbul terror attack: 41 killed, ISIS prime suspect; Ataturk Airport resumes flights
- US polls: Barack Obama to campaign with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump shrinks gap
- NSG membership: We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul but won't give up, says US
- Vladimir Putin lifts Turkey travel restrictions after phone call with Recep Tayyip Erdogan