Roadside bombing kills 3 Afghan Army soldiers
Kabul: A police official says three Afghan army soldiers died and four were wounded when their vehicle struck a roadside bomb in the country`s south.
Ahmad Shah Salim, police chief in the Nawa district of Helmand province, says the incident occurred today while the soldiers were on a regular patrol.
He says the soldiers` vehicle was destroyed in the explosion.
Roadside bombings are a major threat to both Afghan security forces and civilians.
Attacks using roadside bombs have escalated as the Taliban have intensified their campaign ahead of the US-led foreign forces withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe