Roadside bombing kills 3 Afghan Army soldiers
Kabul: A police official says three Afghan army soldiers died and four were wounded when their vehicle struck a roadside bomb in the country`s south.
Ahmad Shah Salim, police chief in the Nawa district of Helmand province, says the incident occurred today while the soldiers were on a regular patrol.
He says the soldiers` vehicle was destroyed in the explosion.
Roadside bombings are a major threat to both Afghan security forces and civilians.
Attacks using roadside bombs have escalated as the Taliban have intensified their campaign ahead of the US-led foreign forces withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling