Robert F Kennedy Jr’s estranged wife found dead
Bedford: Mary Richardson Kennedy, estranged wife of Robert F Kennedy Jr, was found dead in her home on Wednesday.
Mary Kennedy, who had fought drug and alcohol problems, was 52.
Her lawyer Kerry Lawrence said he didn’t know the cause of her death. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Police confirmed a body was found on Robert F Kennedy Jr’s property in Bedford, north of New York City, but wouldn’t release the dead person’s name.
The former Mary Richardson, a longtime connection of the Kennedy clan, married Robert Kennedy Jr, a prominent environmental lawyer and the son of Senator Robert F Kennedy and nephew of US president John F Kennedy, in 1994. The couple had four children, the youngest born in July 2001. Robert Kennedy Jr also has two children from a previous marriage.
Mary Kennedy was an architect and designer and had overseen the renovation of the couple’s home into an environmentally advanced showpiece.
She had had trouble with drugs and alcohol and had two high-profile arrests around the time her husband filed for divorce in 2010.
(With Agency’s inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'