Robert Gates visits Kurdish leaders in Iraq
Irbil: On the eve of the eighth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, US Defence Secretary Robert Gates is meeting with Kurdish leaders in northern Iraq.
Gates arrived on Friday in Irbil for talks with Masoud Barzani, president of the Kurdish Regional Government, which is at the centre of an unresolved struggle for power and resources in the semi-autonomous north.
It is Gates` 13th trip to Iraq as Pentagon chief. He told US troops on Thursday that this probably is his last visit to the country that American forces invaded in March 2003. Baghdad fell on April 09, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal