Rocket attack kills girl in Egypt
Cairo: A nine-year-old girl child was killed and another injured when a rocket fell in front of a house in in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula in an apparent attack targeting soldiers.
A rocket hit a house in Rafah and a child was killed and other injured, medical officials and eye witnesses said yesterday.
The rocket was apparently targeting a security patrol that was passing through the area, security officials said.
The rocket fell on a house in el-Mokataa village, South el-Sheikh Zowayed city in North Sinai, when a group of security forces were passing through the area, reported Youm 7 website.
Four children were killed on Saturday in the northern Sinai town of El-Joura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report