Rocket attack kills girl in Egypt
Cairo: A nine-year-old girl child was killed and another injured when a rocket fell in front of a house in in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula in an apparent attack targeting soldiers.
A rocket hit a house in Rafah and a child was killed and other injured, medical officials and eye witnesses said yesterday.
The rocket was apparently targeting a security patrol that was passing through the area, security officials said.
The rocket fell on a house in el-Mokataa village, South el-Sheikh Zowayed city in North Sinai, when a group of security forces were passing through the area, reported Youm 7 website.
Four children were killed on Saturday in the northern Sinai town of El-Joura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez