Rocket attack kills girl in Egypt
Cairo: A nine-year-old girl child was killed and another injured when a rocket fell in front of a house in in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula in an apparent attack targeting soldiers.
A rocket hit a house in Rafah and a child was killed and other injured, medical officials and eye witnesses said yesterday.
The rocket was apparently targeting a security patrol that was passing through the area, security officials said.
The rocket fell on a house in el-Mokataa village, South el-Sheikh Zowayed city in North Sinai, when a group of security forces were passing through the area, reported Youm 7 website.
Four children were killed on Saturday in the northern Sinai town of El-Joura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months