Rocket attacks kill 20 in Syria
Damascus: At least 20 people, including women and children, were killed Sunday when armed rebels shelled two towns in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, a radio report said.
The victims were killed when rebels fired Grad missiles and artillery shells at the pro-government towns of Nubbul and al-Zahara in the countryside of Aleppo, Xinhua reported.
Both towns are inhabited by people from the Shiite minority.
The attack came in the wake of some rebels` reports that Syrian troops backed by paramilitary groups had killed tens of Sunni people during operations in the coastal city of Banyas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- SFIO widens Vijay Mallya probe; former top bankers under scanner
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July
- Banks not fully understanding problems of SMEs: Commerce and Industry Minister