Rocket attacks kill 20 in Syria
Damascus: At least 20 people, including women and children, were killed Sunday when armed rebels shelled two towns in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, a radio report said.
The victims were killed when rebels fired Grad missiles and artillery shells at the pro-government towns of Nubbul and al-Zahara in the countryside of Aleppo, Xinhua reported.
Both towns are inhabited by people from the Shiite minority.
The attack came in the wake of some rebels` reports that Syrian troops backed by paramilitary groups had killed tens of Sunni people during operations in the coastal city of Banyas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?