Rocket fired from Gaza into Israel, no one hurt: Police
Jerusalem: A rocket fired from the Gaza
Strip exploded in southern Israel late last night, but caused no casualties having landed in a field, an Israeli police spokesman said.
This latest incident came two days after an Israeli
air strike killed two Gaza militants. Islamic Jihad`s armed
wing, the Al-Quds Brigade, who said the victims were their
men, threatened on Sunday to respond.
Gaza`s Hamas rulers later issued a statement repeating
a call for calm agreed with Islamic Jihad and other factions
at a meeting a day earlier.
Last Friday, Netanyahu said Israel was ready to act
with "great force" in response to rocket and mortar attacks.
But Israel`s leaders have appeared reluctant to be dragged
into another bloody war with Hamas, especially as they lack
international support for any new offensive on Gaza.
Reacting to persistent attacks from Gaza, Israel
launched a three-week assault on the strip over New Year,
2009, in which some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state