Rocket fired from Gaza into Israel, no one hurt: Police
Jerusalem: A rocket fired from the Gaza
Strip exploded in southern Israel late last night, but caused no casualties having landed in a field, an Israeli police spokesman said.
This latest incident came two days after an Israeli
air strike killed two Gaza militants. Islamic Jihad`s armed
wing, the Al-Quds Brigade, who said the victims were their
men, threatened on Sunday to respond.
Gaza`s Hamas rulers later issued a statement repeating
a call for calm agreed with Islamic Jihad and other factions
at a meeting a day earlier.
Last Friday, Netanyahu said Israel was ready to act
with "great force" in response to rocket and mortar attacks.
But Israel`s leaders have appeared reluctant to be dragged
into another bloody war with Hamas, especially as they lack
international support for any new offensive on Gaza.
Reacting to persistent attacks from Gaza, Israel
launched a three-week assault on the strip over New Year,
2009, in which some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA