Rocket launched from Lebanon strikes northern Israel: Army
Jerusalem: At least one rocket fired from Lebanon hit northern Israel on Monday and Israel responded by shelling the launch site, the Israeli military and Lebanese security sources said.
There were no immediate reports of casualties from the attack. It was at least the fourth time rockets have been fired from Lebanon since the start of a week-old Israeli offensive against Palestinian militants firing rockets at Israel from the Gaza Strip.
The rocket was fired from the area around the southern city of Tyre, Lebanese security sources said. Israel responded by firing at least 15 shells, one source said.
An Israeli military spokesman said the army "fired a salvo of shells and flares towards the launching site in Lebanon".
On Friday, Lebanese authorities said they had arrested a man suspected of being behind one of the rocket attacks. The national news agency said he was a member of a "fundamentalist group" but did not give details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!