Rockets, airstrikes after Gaza war truce collapses
Gaza City (Gaza Strip): The Israeli military says it struck more than 20 targets overnight in the Gaza Strip as militant fire continued toward Israel.
Saturday`s violence follows the collapse of a three-day truce aimed at bringing an end to the deadliest round of fighting between Israel and Hamas since the Islamic militant group seized control of Gaza in 2007.
Gaza militants resumed their rocket attacks yesterday on Israel, drawing a wave of retaliatory airstrikes that killed at least five Palestinians. The fighting shattered a brief calm in the month-long war and dealt a blow to Egyptian-led efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire between the bitter enemies.
In four weeks of violence, more than 1,900 Gazans have been killed. Sixty-seven people have been killed on the Israeli side, including three civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview