Rodman leaves North Korea without word if he met leader
Beijing: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman left North Korea today, but didn`t answer questions from the media on whether he had met with leader Kim Jong Un on his latest visit.
The two struck up a friendship when Rodman first travelled to the secretive state earlier this year.
Rodman declined to answer questions from reporters on his arrival at Beijing`s airport.
Yesterday night, he told The Associated Press that he had not yet had a meeting with Kim. He arrived in North Korea on Thursday, a week after North Korea announced the execution of Kim`s once-powerful uncle, sparking speculation by foreign analysts over the future of the Kim regime.
Rodman`s short visit was aimed at finalising plans to bring 12 ex-NBA players to Pyongyang for a Jan. 8 exhibition game marking Kim`s birthday.
Rodman is the highest profile American to meet Kim since the leader inherited power from his father in late 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal