Rodman leaves North Korea without word if he met leader
Beijing: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman left North Korea today, but didn`t answer questions from the media on whether he had met with leader Kim Jong Un on his latest visit.
The two struck up a friendship when Rodman first travelled to the secretive state earlier this year.
Rodman declined to answer questions from reporters on his arrival at Beijing`s airport.
Yesterday night, he told The Associated Press that he had not yet had a meeting with Kim. He arrived in North Korea on Thursday, a week after North Korea announced the execution of Kim`s once-powerful uncle, sparking speculation by foreign analysts over the future of the Kim regime.
Rodman`s short visit was aimed at finalising plans to bring 12 ex-NBA players to Pyongyang for a Jan. 8 exhibition game marking Kim`s birthday.
Rodman is the highest profile American to meet Kim since the leader inherited power from his father in late 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand