Rodman leaves North Korea without word if he met leader
Beijing: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman left North Korea today, but didn`t answer questions from the media on whether he had met with leader Kim Jong Un on his latest visit.
The two struck up a friendship when Rodman first travelled to the secretive state earlier this year.
Rodman declined to answer questions from reporters on his arrival at Beijing`s airport.
Yesterday night, he told The Associated Press that he had not yet had a meeting with Kim. He arrived in North Korea on Thursday, a week after North Korea announced the execution of Kim`s once-powerful uncle, sparking speculation by foreign analysts over the future of the Kim regime.
Rodman`s short visit was aimed at finalising plans to bring 12 ex-NBA players to Pyongyang for a Jan. 8 exhibition game marking Kim`s birthday.
Rodman is the highest profile American to meet Kim since the leader inherited power from his father in late 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees