Rodman leaves North Korea without word if he met leader
Beijing: Former basketball star Dennis Rodman left North Korea today, but didn`t answer questions from the media on whether he had met with leader Kim Jong Un on his latest visit.
The two struck up a friendship when Rodman first travelled to the secretive state earlier this year.
Rodman declined to answer questions from reporters on his arrival at Beijing`s airport.
Yesterday night, he told The Associated Press that he had not yet had a meeting with Kim. He arrived in North Korea on Thursday, a week after North Korea announced the execution of Kim`s once-powerful uncle, sparking speculation by foreign analysts over the future of the Kim regime.
Rodman`s short visit was aimed at finalising plans to bring 12 ex-NBA players to Pyongyang for a Jan. 8 exhibition game marking Kim`s birthday.
Rodman is the highest profile American to meet Kim since the leader inherited power from his father in late 2011.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today