Romania requests flood aid as death toll hits 20
Bucharest: Authorities say the death toll
from a week of severe flooding in Romania has risen to 20, and
they are asking for aid from the European Union`s Solidarity
Fund to help repair damaged roads, crops and houses.
Interior Minister Vasile Blaga says there has not yet
been a damage assessment as the floods are still critical,
especially on the Siret River in northern and eastern Romania,
but that losses could exceed 0.6 per cent of gross domestic
Blaga warned today that the Danube has exceeded the
highest levels recorded in 2006 around the towns of Galati and
Thousands have been evacuated since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Online counselling - The new strategy to lose weight?
- Dead Bangladesh-American suspect was friend of cafe attacker: Police
- China, Russia navies to hold drills in South China Sea: Beijing
- 2017 new Suzuki Swift sheds heavy camouflage! Check out the spy pics
- Two of Turkey's four-star generals resign a day after military cull: Report