Romania requests flood aid as death toll hits 20
Bucharest: Authorities say the death toll
from a week of severe flooding in Romania has risen to 20, and
they are asking for aid from the European Union`s Solidarity
Fund to help repair damaged roads, crops and houses.
Interior Minister Vasile Blaga says there has not yet
been a damage assessment as the floods are still critical,
especially on the Siret River in northern and eastern Romania,
but that losses could exceed 0.6 per cent of gross domestic
Blaga warned today that the Danube has exceeded the
highest levels recorded in 2006 around the towns of Galati and
Thousands have been evacuated since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3