Romania requests flood aid as death toll hits 20
Bucharest: Authorities say the death toll
from a week of severe flooding in Romania has risen to 20, and
they are asking for aid from the European Union`s Solidarity
Fund to help repair damaged roads, crops and houses.
Interior Minister Vasile Blaga says there has not yet
been a damage assessment as the floods are still critical,
especially on the Siret River in northern and eastern Romania,
but that losses could exceed 0.6 per cent of gross domestic
Blaga warned today that the Danube has exceeded the
highest levels recorded in 2006 around the towns of Galati and
Thousands have been evacuated since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?