Romania unfurls huge flag in Guinness record bid
Bucharest: A Romanian village has unfurled what they say is the largest flag ever made in a Guinness World Records bid.
It took about 200 people several hours today to roll out the flag, which organisers say measured 330 meters by 220 meters, about three times the size of a football field.
The five-ton flag was displayed in Clinceni, 35 kilometers southeast of Bucharest. Workers struggled to keep it firmly planted on the ground because of windy conditions and had to use small sandbags.
Adrian Dragomir, manager of the Flags Factory which created the flag, says it took weeks to sew and 70 kilometers of thread was needed.
Prime Minister Victor Ponta and other ministers will visit the flag later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune