Romania unfurls huge flag in Guinness record bid
Bucharest: A Romanian village has unfurled what they say is the largest flag ever made in a Guinness World Records bid.
It took about 200 people several hours today to roll out the flag, which organisers say measured 330 meters by 220 meters, about three times the size of a football field.
The five-ton flag was displayed in Clinceni, 35 kilometers southeast of Bucharest. Workers struggled to keep it firmly planted on the ground because of windy conditions and had to use small sandbags.
Adrian Dragomir, manager of the Flags Factory which created the flag, says it took weeks to sew and 70 kilometers of thread was needed.
Prime Minister Victor Ponta and other ministers will visit the flag later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details