Romania unfurls huge flag in Guinness record bid
Bucharest: A Romanian village has unfurled what they say is the largest flag ever made in a Guinness World Records bid.
It took about 200 people several hours today to roll out the flag, which organisers say measured 330 meters by 220 meters, about three times the size of a football field.
The five-ton flag was displayed in Clinceni, 35 kilometers southeast of Bucharest. Workers struggled to keep it firmly planted on the ground because of windy conditions and had to use small sandbags.
Adrian Dragomir, manager of the Flags Factory which created the flag, says it took weeks to sew and 70 kilometers of thread was needed.
Prime Minister Victor Ponta and other ministers will visit the flag later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know