Romania, US begin negotiations on missile shield
Bucharest (Romania): A Romanian official
says negotiations have begun with the US on placing
anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania as part of a revamped
US missile shield.
US Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher is in Romania
leading a team that is negotiating technical details and legal
issues with Romanian officials to reach an agreement on the
Bogdan Aurescu, state secretary for strategic affairs,
said late yesterday there is no deadline to finalise, but the
two teams want to progress rapidly.
In February, the country`s top defence body approved a US
proposal to place anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania by
President Traian Basescu said the measure was not
directed against Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player