Romania, US begin negotiations on missile shield
Bucharest (Romania): A Romanian official
says negotiations have begun with the US on placing
anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania as part of a revamped
US missile shield.
US Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher is in Romania
leading a team that is negotiating technical details and legal
issues with Romanian officials to reach an agreement on the
Bogdan Aurescu, state secretary for strategic affairs,
said late yesterday there is no deadline to finalise, but the
two teams want to progress rapidly.
In February, the country`s top defence body approved a US
proposal to place anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania by
President Traian Basescu said the measure was not
directed against Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country