Romania, US begin negotiations on missile shield
Bucharest (Romania): A Romanian official
says negotiations have begun with the US on placing
anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania as part of a revamped
US missile shield.
US Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher is in Romania
leading a team that is negotiating technical details and legal
issues with Romanian officials to reach an agreement on the
Bogdan Aurescu, state secretary for strategic affairs,
said late yesterday there is no deadline to finalise, but the
two teams want to progress rapidly.
In February, the country`s top defence body approved a US
proposal to place anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania by
President Traian Basescu said the measure was not
directed against Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP