Romania, US begin negotiations on missile shield
Bucharest (Romania): A Romanian official
says negotiations have begun with the US on placing
anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania as part of a revamped
US missile shield.
US Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher is in Romania
leading a team that is negotiating technical details and legal
issues with Romanian officials to reach an agreement on the
Bogdan Aurescu, state secretary for strategic affairs,
said late yesterday there is no deadline to finalise, but the
two teams want to progress rapidly.
In February, the country`s top defence body approved a US
proposal to place anti-ballistic interceptors in Romania by
President Traian Basescu said the measure was not
directed against Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing