Romanian PM announces govt resignation
Bucharest: The Romanian Prime Minister says he and his government will resign immediately to protect the stability of the country.
Emil Boc said on Monday he is resigning "to ease the social situation" — referring to weeks of protests in Romania over austerity measures that he introduced in 2010.
Boc, who became Prime Minister in 2008, urged Romania`s feuding politicians to be mature and rapidly vote for a new government. He defended his record, saying that he had taken "difficult decisions thinking about the future of Romania, not because I wanted to, but because I had to”.
He added that the International Monetary Fund has forecast growth of up to 2 percent this year — lower than expected, but higher than the European Union average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it