Romanian President reappoints Victor Ponta as PM
Bucharest: Romania`s President has reappointed the prime minister to his post despite a bitter feud between the two top officials.
Traian Basescu Monday said he had designated Victor Ponta as prime minister after Ponta`s centre-left governing alliance won some 68 percent of seats in December 9 parliamentary elections.
Basescu had said he was reluctant to reappoint Ponta, calling him "a pig," and "a compulsive liar" before the elections. Animosity between the two escalated after Ponta tried to impeach Basescu in July. The motion failed after not enough people turned out to vote.
Ponta is Romania`s third prime minister this year. The country has been rocked by political turmoil and huge protests against government policies and tough austerity measures put in place to deal with the country`s debt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi