Romanian President reappoints Victor Ponta as PM
Bucharest: Romania`s President has reappointed the prime minister to his post despite a bitter feud between the two top officials.
Traian Basescu Monday said he had designated Victor Ponta as prime minister after Ponta`s centre-left governing alliance won some 68 percent of seats in December 9 parliamentary elections.
Basescu had said he was reluctant to reappoint Ponta, calling him "a pig," and "a compulsive liar" before the elections. Animosity between the two escalated after Ponta tried to impeach Basescu in July. The motion failed after not enough people turned out to vote.
Ponta is Romania`s third prime minister this year. The country has been rocked by political turmoil and huge protests against government policies and tough austerity measures put in place to deal with the country`s debt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends