Romania`s new left-leaning government is approved
Bucharest: Romanian lawmakers have approved a new left-leaning Cabinet that is expected to continue a slate of economic reforms.
Parliament approved the government of Victor Ponta by 284-92 votes on Monday, making him Romania`s third Prime Minister this year. The previous two centrist governments collapsed over unpopular austerity measures.
Ponta had told lawmakers that if his coalition government of Social Democrats and Liberals is approved it would only remain in office until November Parliamentary Elections.
Ponta urged lawmakers to approve his Cabinet, saying, "The government doesn`t run Parliament; it respects its decisions." He says, "I am convinced that today we begin to fundamentally change the fate of Romania."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch