Rome diocese asks gay priests to come out
Rome: The Catholic diocese of Rome has asked homosexual priests to "come out" because their behaviour "slings mud on others".
The Vicar of Rome - the office that governs the Rome diocese in the name of the Pope – on Friday urged homosexual priests to renounce priesthood.
It was responding to an article in Italian weekly Panorama, which claimed to have documented the lives of homosexual priests in Rome.
The article said many priests were "leading double lives".
"We don`t wish them harm but we can`t accept that their behaviour slings mud on the honour of others," the diocese statement said.
"No one is forcing them to stay in the priesthood to exploit the benefits. If they are coherent, they should come out into the open."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray