Romney accepts ‘Obama’s birthplace not an issue`
Washington: An advisor to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said that the former Massachusetts governor does not believe that Barack Obama’s birth place is an issue in the White House campaign.
Eric Fehrnstrom’s remarks came as American business tycoon Donald Trump raised the issue of Obama`s birthplace yet again, just days before he is set to headline a Las Vegas fundraiser with Romney.
“I can`t speak for Donald Trump,” Politico quoted Fehrnstrom, as saying.
“But I can tell you that Mitt Romney accepts that President Obama was born in the United States. He doesn`t view the place of his birth as an issue in this campaign,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ken Bennett, Arizona co-chairman of the Romney campaign and the state’s elections chief, threatened to keep Obama’s name off the November ballot due to unanswered questions about his birth place.
The American state of Hawaii later confirmed and verified Obama`s birth records with Bennett.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you