Romney blimp makes emergency landing in Florida
Davie (US): High winds forced a blimp-like aircraft carrying an advertisement for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to make an emergency landing in Florida.
Police say the two people aboard got out safely when the aircraft landed in a Davie neighborhood Sunday evening.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the blimp was flying from Boca Raton, where Monday night`s final presidential debate between Romney and President Barack Obama will be held.
Police Capt Dale Engle says the deflated aircraft carried an advertisement that read, "America needs Romney." No one on the ground was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai