Romney blimp makes emergency landing in Florida
Davie (US): High winds forced a blimp-like aircraft carrying an advertisement for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to make an emergency landing in Florida.
Police say the two people aboard got out safely when the aircraft landed in a Davie neighborhood Sunday evening.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the blimp was flying from Boca Raton, where Monday night`s final presidential debate between Romney and President Barack Obama will be held.
Police Capt Dale Engle says the deflated aircraft carried an advertisement that read, "America needs Romney." No one on the ground was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail