Romney blimp makes emergency landing in Florida
Davie (US): High winds forced a blimp-like aircraft carrying an advertisement for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to make an emergency landing in Florida.
Police say the two people aboard got out safely when the aircraft landed in a Davie neighborhood Sunday evening.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the blimp was flying from Boca Raton, where Monday night`s final presidential debate between Romney and President Barack Obama will be held.
Police Capt Dale Engle says the deflated aircraft carried an advertisement that read, "America needs Romney." No one on the ground was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH