Romney campaign develops Mobile App to announce VP
Washington: US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney`s campaigns have announced launching of mobile applications aimed at targeting the increasing section of the population that depend on their hand held devices for instant news and information.
While the Romney campaign launched an application that will allow mobile users to sign up to be the first to learn the identity of the Republican vice presidential candidate, the Obama campaign launched a new smartphone application that will help empower supporters, volunteers and voters.
"The historic announcement is getting closer," said Beth Myers, Romney Campaign Senior Adviser.
"Soon everyone will know who Mitt Romney selects as his Vice Presidential running mate. With this new app, users can be the first to know the second member of America`s Comeback Team," he said.
"The first official way to learn the name of the Republican Vice Presidential candidate is by using our new `Mitt`s VP` app," said Romney Digital Director Zac Moffatt.
"Users of the app will be the first to get the news on the biggest political decision of the year through an instantaneous alert on the one device most people carry around the clock their phone," he said.
As soon as the Vice Presidential choice is announced, users will receive a push notification on their smart phone.
The new app will allow users to share the exciting news on their own social networks. Two Indian-Americans, Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley, are said to be in the race.
The Obama Campaign said its application will help supporters participate in the campaign, listing local phone banks and volunteer events, and will even allow volunteers to canvass their neighborhood directly from the app.
"As we push through the last 100 days of this election, our focus remains on helping make grassroots organizing as easy and accessible as possible for the volunteers and supporters that are the heart and soul of this campaign.
"That`s why we designed our new app to help break down the distinction between online and offline organizing, giving every supporter the same opportunities to get involved that they would find in a field office," said Stephanie Cutter, Obama for America deputy campaign manager.
It will provide voters with state-by-state, issue-by- issue localized information on how President Obama is moving us forward from making health insurance plans stronger and more affordable to cutting taxes for middle class families.
The app`s features are built to sync with Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS, so that supporters can quickly and easily share information and opportunities to get involved across platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video