Romney counters notion he bullied gay classmates
Washington: Mitt Romney is countering the notion that he bullied high school classmates and insists he didn`t know some were gay.
The Republican presidential candidate apologised today to anyone he may have offended by what he said were "hijinks and pranks during high school”.
His comments in a hastily-arranged radio interview followed a Washington Post report today that he had held down classmate John Lauber and cut off his bleached blond hair. The Post suggested Lauber was bullied because he was gay.
The newspaper also reported that Romney shouted "atta girl" at a different student.
Separately, Romney told Fox News that the people involved didn`t reveal they were gay until years later. Romney said he participated in many pranks and that some, in his words, "may have gone too far”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre