Romney counters notion he bullied gay classmates
Washington: Mitt Romney is countering the notion that he bullied high school classmates and insists he didn`t know some were gay.
The Republican presidential candidate apologised today to anyone he may have offended by what he said were "hijinks and pranks during high school”.
His comments in a hastily-arranged radio interview followed a Washington Post report today that he had held down classmate John Lauber and cut off his bleached blond hair. The Post suggested Lauber was bullied because he was gay.
The newspaper also reported that Romney shouted "atta girl" at a different student.
Separately, Romney told Fox News that the people involved didn`t reveal they were gay until years later. Romney said he participated in many pranks and that some, in his words, "may have gone too far”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town