`Romney embarrassed US with London Olympics gaffe`
Washington: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney embarrassed the United States during his trip to London, according to a senior Barack Obama adviser.
According to The Telegraph, Robert Gibbs said that Romney’s remark on the London 2012 Olympics was widely seen as an ill-timed gaffe.
“I`m happy David Cameron had the last word, because I thought it was embarrassing for our country,” Robert Gibbs, a senior adviser on Obama’s re-election team, said.
Gibbs said that Romney’s decision to ‘stand in the country of our strongest ally’, and question whether or not Britain was ready for the Olympics ‘does make you wonder whether or not he`s ready to be commander-in-chief?’
“It`s clear that voters in this country wonder aloud whether Mitt Romney is ready for the world, and I think the world is not yet ready for Mitt Romney,” Gibbs said.
Within hours of landing in London, Romney had said that it was ‘hard to know just how well’ the Olympics would turn out and said there were ‘a few things that were disconcerting’.
He even questioned the British Olympic spirit, adding: “Do they come together and celebrate the Olympic moment? That`s something which we only find out once the Games actually begin.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves