Romney fumbles, introduces Ryan as next US Prez
Washington: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was on Saturday caught in a public gaffe when he fumbled in his speech, introducing his running mate Paul Ryan as the next President of the United States.
"Join me in welcoming the next President of the United States, Paul Ryan," Romney said as he concluded his speech in Norfolk Virginia, during which he introduced the seven-term Congressman from Wisconsin as his pick for the vice presidential candidate.
As Ryan started speaking, Romney realised his mistake, and quickly came back to the podium, making light of his earlier remarks.
"Every now and then I`m known to make a mistake," said the Republican Presidential nominee.
"But I did not make a mistake with this guy (Ryan). But I can tell you this, he`s going to be the next vice president of the United States," Romney said with his hand patting Ryan’s soldiers.
However, such gaffes do happen in the Presidential race.
In 2008, Barack Obama, then as a candidate, too had made similar mistake by introducing Joe Biden as the "next President."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband