Romney fumbles, introduces Ryan as next US Prez
Washington: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was on Saturday caught in a public gaffe when he fumbled in his speech, introducing his running mate Paul Ryan as the next President of the United States.
"Join me in welcoming the next President of the United States, Paul Ryan," Romney said as he concluded his speech in Norfolk Virginia, during which he introduced the seven-term Congressman from Wisconsin as his pick for the vice presidential candidate.
As Ryan started speaking, Romney realised his mistake, and quickly came back to the podium, making light of his earlier remarks.
"Every now and then I`m known to make a mistake," said the Republican Presidential nominee.
"But I did not make a mistake with this guy (Ryan). But I can tell you this, he`s going to be the next vice president of the United States," Romney said with his hand patting Ryan’s soldiers.
However, such gaffes do happen in the Presidential race.
In 2008, Barack Obama, then as a candidate, too had made similar mistake by introducing Joe Biden as the "next President."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing