Romney risks losing support of ‘senior Americans’
Washington: Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney is at risk of losing the support of American seniors, aged 65 and older, as many are concerned about what he might do with ‘Medicare’.
A week ago at an AARP convention in New Orleans, when Vice Presidential candidate, Paul Ryan spoke to a group of seniors about Medicare, he was greeted with loud ``boos`` from the crowd over his remarks, CBS News reports.
“The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare because it represents the worst of both worlds,” Ryan had said, following which he was met with audible cries of ‘no’s and jeers from the audience.
A new poll by the Washington Post shows the Republican trailing Obama in the key swing states of Ohio, Virginia, and Florida with broad majorities opposing far-reaching changes to Obama’s healthcare plan.
In those 3 states, voters who said Medicare is extremely important to how they will vote, the poll revealed that 59 percent supporting Obama while 36 percent are with Romney, the report said.
“I think Romney will turn the economy around but it`s the other issues that we don`t know about. Like the Medicare, Healthcare issues,” a Florida voter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what