Romney tied with Obama in Colorado
Washington: US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has a one-point lead over President Barack Obama in Colorado, and has cut the president’s lead to half in Wisconsin after his success at the first presidential debate in Denver, a new poll has found.
According to the new Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times poll, in Wisconsin, where Obama earlier led Romney by six points last month, now holds just a three-point advantage, with 50 percent to Romney’s 47 percent support. Last month, the president led Romney 51 to 45 percent in Wisconsin. The poll found that in Colorado, the two remain locked in a dead heat, with Romney leading Obama, 48 percent to 47 percent. Last month, also within that margin, Obama had the one-point edge, with 48 percent to Romney’s 47 percent.
According to CBS News, in Virginia, the presidential race remains essentially unchanged, with Obama holding on to a small lead over Romney, with 51 percent support to Romney’s 46.
By about four to one, voters in all three of these battleground states said that Romney won last week`s presidential debate, and sizable numbers said that the debate made them think better of him.
Majorities, however, said that the debate did not affect their vote. In Colorado, only 16 percent of likely voters said Obama won the debate, while 72 percent chose Romney.
In Virginia, the breakdown was similar, with 70 percent choosing Romney and 17 percent selecting the president. In Wisconsin, 65 percent said Romney won and 17 percent said Obama did.
The debate had a positive impact on voters`` impressions of Romney. More than four in ten voters in these states who watched the first presidential debate (and 51 percent in Colorado) said it made them feel better about Romney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof