Romney to visit Poland WWII site, meet Lech Walesa
Jerusalem: US presidential hopeful Mitt Romney heads to Poland on Monday, where he will visit the site of the first shots fired in World War II and pay tribute to the country`s anti-communist movement.
Romney plans to meet with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Gdansk before heading to the Westerplatte memorial, where a German battleship shelled a Polish military outpost in 1939.
Romney also plans to see former Polish President Lech Walesa and visit the famed shipyard where the electrician began an anti-government movement in the 1970s.
Romney is expected to receive a warm reception in the conservative, Catholic country. Last year, when President Barack Obama travelled to Poland, the local press reported that Walesa had refused to meet with Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested