Romney’s RNC speech gets lowest poll rating since 1996
Washington: GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa has received the lowest score than any Presidential candidate’s convention speech since 1996, a new poll has revealed.
According to the Gallup Poll, only 38 percent of Americans said Romney’s speech was excellent or good, compared to 47 percent who thought 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s speech was excellent or good.
Ten percent of Americans also said Romney’s speech was terrible, twice the percentage who thought McCain’s speech, which received the second highest negative rating, was terrible, CBS News reports.
According to the report, Americans in the same Gallup poll are split on if Romney’s speech would make them more or less likely to vote for the Republican candidate.
Forty percent of Americans said they are more likely to vote for him, while 38 percent of voters said they are less likely.
Unsurprisingly, Romney`s speech appealed more to Republicans, with 83 percent who said it makes them more likely to vote for him.
Only nine percent of Democrats, meanwhile, said they are more likely to vote for Romney after hearing his speech, the report said.
The Gallup poll, which also conducted its analysis on the number of Americans who reported watching the conventions, found that last week`s Republican convention was the second-lowest-viewed of all eight conventions Gallup polled since 1996.
Nearly half of respondents, 48 percent, said they watched little or none of Romney`s nominating convention compared to 29 percent who said they watched little or none of the 2008 Republican convention.
"Americans`` relatively weak reaction to the Republican convention does not appear to have hurt their likelihood of voting for Romney so far, although it apparently is related to the lack of a typical convention bounce," Gallup`s news release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players