Romney’s RNC speech gets lowest poll rating since 1996
Washington: GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa has received the lowest score than any Presidential candidate’s convention speech since 1996, a new poll has revealed.
According to the Gallup Poll, only 38 percent of Americans said Romney’s speech was excellent or good, compared to 47 percent who thought 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s speech was excellent or good.
Ten percent of Americans also said Romney’s speech was terrible, twice the percentage who thought McCain’s speech, which received the second highest negative rating, was terrible, CBS News reports.
According to the report, Americans in the same Gallup poll are split on if Romney’s speech would make them more or less likely to vote for the Republican candidate.
Forty percent of Americans said they are more likely to vote for him, while 38 percent of voters said they are less likely.
Unsurprisingly, Romney`s speech appealed more to Republicans, with 83 percent who said it makes them more likely to vote for him.
Only nine percent of Democrats, meanwhile, said they are more likely to vote for Romney after hearing his speech, the report said.
The Gallup poll, which also conducted its analysis on the number of Americans who reported watching the conventions, found that last week`s Republican convention was the second-lowest-viewed of all eight conventions Gallup polled since 1996.
Nearly half of respondents, 48 percent, said they watched little or none of Romney`s nominating convention compared to 29 percent who said they watched little or none of the 2008 Republican convention.
"Americans`` relatively weak reaction to the Republican convention does not appear to have hurt their likelihood of voting for Romney so far, although it apparently is related to the lack of a typical convention bounce," Gallup`s news release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly