Romney`s son apologises to Obama over `swing` remark
Washington: Tagg Romney, eldest son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has apologised to Barack Obama for passing objectionable remarks against the President after the second presidential debate in New York.
Tagg apologised to Obama on the stage after the third and final debate in Florida on Monday night for saying that he wanted to punch the US President for aggressively challenging his father, the ABC news reported yesterday.
Obama quickly accepted the apology, the news report said.
"The campaign official said that Tagg Romney told the president he was `just joking` and that Obama accepted the apology," The Washington Post said.
After the second presidential debate on October 16, in which Obama was aggressive against Romney, Tagg had said in a radio interview that he wanted to jump off his seat rush to the stage and take a swing at him.
"But you know you can’t do that because, well, first, because there`s a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because this is the nature of the process," Tagg told a radio host in North Carolina.
"They are going to do everything they can do to try to make my dad into someone he`s not. We signed up for it. We`ve gotta kinda sit there and take our punches and then send them right back the other way," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS