Ronald Reagan`s grandson arrested
Los Angeles: The grandson of former US president Ronald Reagan was arrested at the home of his father, police in Los Angeles said on Thursday.
Police apprehended 31-year old Cameron Reagan shortly after midnight at the home of his talk show host father, Michael Reagan.
Celebrity website TMZ.com said police were called when an alarm at the house went off.
"Officers saw a suspect leaving the rear door of a residence and attempted to stop and talk to him," said LA police department spokeswoman April Harding said.
"The suspect was very uncooperative and belligerent, and he was arrested for resisting arrest," she said. Harding said Reagan was being held on USD 10,000 bail.
Meanwhile, his father, Michael Reagan, said his son accidentally hit the alarm.
"It goes directly to the police station," Michael Reagan said.
"They surround the house with police cars because of who we are."
Michael Reagan said his son panicked because he didn`t know what was happening.
"There was a lot of misunderstanding at 1 am," he said.
In 2001, Cameron Reagan was ordered to a 90-day live-in drug and anger management program for marijuana possession while on probation for a car break-in case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!