Rouhani tweets with a little help from his friends
Davos: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has attracted 170,000 Twitter followers, but he acknowledged today that he does not write his own posts, his "friends" deserve the credit for that.
Rouhani`s face lit up today at the Davos business forum while discussing his new Twitter account, through which he follows only Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and three others.
Asked about his posts on Twitter and Facebook, Rouhani acknowledged that he does not write his own entries.
Instead, the Iranian leader told journalists at a mostly off-the-record briefing that they were written by "friends."
The matter of authorship has been an issue. In September, officials in Iran`s presidency denied that Rouhani had a Twitter account, after a wing a tweet that appeared to be by the leader offering his own Rosh Hashana message.
At the time his active Twitter presence was believed to be run by his close aides, but his office left the actual stewardship of the account vague. Many of Rouhani`s Cabinet members also have opened Facebook accounts.
Zarif, for example, also is active on Twitter, where he has 117,000 followers, and on Facebook, where news has frequently been posted about Iran`s nuclear program deal and other major developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read