Royal baby has a name: Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge
Zee Media Bureau
London: Finally, the wait is over. Prince William and Kate Middleton have named their newborn son and future king as Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son His Royal Highness George Alexander Louis," the Clarence House reportedly tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
The Queen was informed of the name during her first visit to meet her great-grandson on Wednesday in Kensington Palace. Prince Harry was also one of the visitors.
George and Alexander was reportedly one of the favourite names for the royal baby with the bookies.
The future monarch was born on Monday at the private Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital. After introducing her son to the world by giving the first glimpse of the royal baby, Kate along with William and the newborn left for Kensington Palace where they spent the night.
The new family then drove to Bucklebury in the afternoon to be with Kate’s parents where Duchess of Cambridge is expected to stay for several weeks. The trip is also incidentally the baby’s first outing.
The new parents are spending "private and quiet time for them to get to know their son," according to palace officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501