Royal baby has a name: Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge
Zee Media Bureau
London: Finally, the wait is over. Prince William and Kate Middleton have named their newborn son and future king as Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son His Royal Highness George Alexander Louis," the Clarence House reportedly tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
The Queen was informed of the name during her first visit to meet her great-grandson on Wednesday in Kensington Palace. Prince Harry was also one of the visitors.
George and Alexander was reportedly one of the favourite names for the royal baby with the bookies.
The future monarch was born on Monday at the private Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital. After introducing her son to the world by giving the first glimpse of the royal baby, Kate along with William and the newborn left for Kensington Palace where they spent the night.
The new family then drove to Bucklebury in the afternoon to be with Kate’s parents where Duchess of Cambridge is expected to stay for several weeks. The trip is also incidentally the baby’s first outing.
The new parents are spending "private and quiet time for them to get to know their son," according to palace officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off