Royal couple arrive in Sydney for Down Under tour
Sydney: Britain`s Prince William, his wife, Kate, and their baby son, George, arrived in sunny Sydney today to the cheers of thousands of fans as they kicked off their tour of Australia.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge landed in Sydney after wrapping up a 10-day trip around New Zealand. They were greeted by various dignitaries, including Prime Minister Tony Abbott, before being whisked off to the city`s famed Opera House.
Crowds of screaming fans, some waving Australian flags, lined the pathway around the Opera House to catch a glimpse of the couple as they walked up the iconic building`s steps.
The pair paused briefly to take in the views of the sun-dappled harbor and Harbour Bridge before heading inside for a welcome reception.
The royal family is on a three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia.
While in Australia, they will visit the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, meet some local wildlife at the city`s harborside zoo, and travel to Uluru, the iconic Outback sandstone monolith that`s also known as Ayers Rock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win