Royal gatecrasher: UK Queen drops in on wedding
London: A British couple says their wedding
had an unlikely gatecrasher, as Queen Elizabeth II dropped in
on the ceremony during an official tour.
John Canning and his new wife Frances Canning said today
that the monarch chatted and posed for photographs with the
newlyweds as she visited Manchester Town Hall yesterday.
The queen and husband Prince Philip, the Duke of
Edinburgh, were visiting the venue for lunch at the same time
the wedding took place there.
Bride Frances Canning told The Sun newspaper "it was very
special -- it was so lovely that she took the trouble to speak
The British monarch was in the city of Manchester, in
northern England, to visit a number of sites, including a new
BBC headquarters building in nearby Salford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement