Ruler of Dubai 10th most followed leader on Twitter
Dubai: UAE Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum has been ranked as the world`s 10th most followed leader on Twitter, a report has said.
According to US-based Digital Policy Council`s news report, 910,000 followers were added to the Sheikh Mohammed`s twitter account list last year, bringing his total number of followers to nearly 1.4 million.
No Indian leader was able to make into the top 10 list of most followed leaders. US President Barack Obama topped the list of most number of followers on twitter.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, President Abdullah Gul of Turkey, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, President Enrique Pena Nieto of Mexico, Columbia’s President Juan Manuel Santos, Argentinean President Cristina Fernadez De Kirchner, President Dilma Rouseff of Brazil and Queen Rania of Jordan were other world leaders to make into the top 10 leaders.
According to the report, three out of four heads of state currently use Twitter, with 123 world leaders out of 164 countries using accounts either in their name or through official government offices. The figure is a 78 per cent rise compared to the same period in 2011, report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog