Runaway cargo train crashes in Norway, 3 dead
Oslo: A runaway cargo train crashed into a building at an industrial port in the Norwegian capital, killing at least three people and injuring three others Wednesday, police said.
The victims had been working in or around the building, which collapsed from the impact, police spokeswoman Martine Laeng said. She said nobody was onboard the train.
It was not immediately clear what had caused the accident at a port in the southeastern Sjursoeya district of Oslo.
Images from national broadcaster NRK showed at least two train cars in the water beside the dock and a collapsed one-story concrete building.
Oslo police and rescue personnel were on the scene, where a second building was also damaged.
A spokesman for the company that operates the port was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan