Runaway cargo train crashes in Norway, 3 dead
Oslo: A runaway cargo train crashed into a building at an industrial port in the Norwegian capital, killing at least three people and injuring three others Wednesday, police said.
The victims had been working in or around the building, which collapsed from the impact, police spokeswoman Martine Laeng said. She said nobody was onboard the train.
It was not immediately clear what had caused the accident at a port in the southeastern Sjursoeya district of Oslo.
Images from national broadcaster NRK showed at least two train cars in the water beside the dock and a collapsed one-story concrete building.
Oslo police and rescue personnel were on the scene, where a second building was also damaged.
A spokesman for the company that operates the port was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security