Runaway cargo train crashes in Norway, 3 dead
Oslo: A runaway cargo train crashed into a building at an industrial port in the Norwegian capital, killing at least three people and injuring three others Wednesday, police said.
The victims had been working in or around the building, which collapsed from the impact, police spokeswoman Martine Laeng said. She said nobody was onboard the train.
It was not immediately clear what had caused the accident at a port in the southeastern Sjursoeya district of Oslo.
Images from national broadcaster NRK showed at least two train cars in the water beside the dock and a collapsed one-story concrete building.
Oslo police and rescue personnel were on the scene, where a second building was also damaged.
A spokesman for the company that operates the port was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information