Runaway cargo train crashes in Norway, 3 dead
Oslo: A runaway cargo train crashed into a building at an industrial port in the Norwegian capital, killing at least three people and injuring three others Wednesday, police said.
The victims had been working in or around the building, which collapsed from the impact, police spokeswoman Martine Laeng said. She said nobody was onboard the train.
It was not immediately clear what had caused the accident at a port in the southeastern Sjursoeya district of Oslo.
Images from national broadcaster NRK showed at least two train cars in the water beside the dock and a collapsed one-story concrete building.
Oslo police and rescue personnel were on the scene, where a second building was also damaged.
A spokesman for the company that operates the port was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP