Runaway policeman detained over collision in China
Beijing: A traffic police officer in
south China`s Guangdong province has been detained after
fleeing from the scene of a deadly car accident in which he
The incident took place when a vehicle driven by a
Shanwei expressway traffic officer, surnamed Chen, collided
with another car carrying a driver and one passenger, on a
highway in the city of Lufeng two days ago.
The accident left a passenger in the second vehicle
killed instantly, while the driver died later in the hospital,
government-run Xinhua news agency said.
After the accident, Chen abandoned his vehicle and
fled the scene.
The 32-year-old Chen was detained by Lufeng police on
He confessed that he drove his car into the opposing
lane to avoid colliding with a motorcycle, leading to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof