Runaway policeman detained over collision in China
Beijing: A traffic police officer in
south China`s Guangdong province has been detained after
fleeing from the scene of a deadly car accident in which he
The incident took place when a vehicle driven by a
Shanwei expressway traffic officer, surnamed Chen, collided
with another car carrying a driver and one passenger, on a
highway in the city of Lufeng two days ago.
The accident left a passenger in the second vehicle
killed instantly, while the driver died later in the hospital,
government-run Xinhua news agency said.
After the accident, Chen abandoned his vehicle and
fled the scene.
The 32-year-old Chen was detained by Lufeng police on
He confessed that he drove his car into the opposing
lane to avoid colliding with a motorcycle, leading to the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview